Who we are
At Itty Bitty Apps we help companies create beautifully designed and engineered mobile apps using native technologies. We sweat the details and we’re passionate about what we do.
Our clients are diverse, ranging from not-for-profits and startups through to the ASX top 50. Through them, and the apps we build, we’ve touched the lives of millions of people across Australia.
At Itty Bitty Apps you’ll be surrounded by supportive and caring teammates. We put a major emphasis on creating a workplace with a positive vibe, and plenty of opportunities for ongoing education, career and personal growth.
Our passion for quality design and engineering runs deep. As well as helping other companies build apps, we’re also the team behind Reveal, a first of its kind iOS view debugging tool used by thousands of developers around the world in companies like Spotify, Uber, Google, Twitter and Microsoft.
We are looking for multiple iOS developers, at all levels, to join our growing team. As a software engineer at Itty Bitty Apps, you will have the opportunity to work on a range of projects, level-up your technical skills and share your knowledge amongst the team and wider community.
Being part of a growing team, we want you to help shape and define our engineering culture and methodology.
What you will do
- Work with multi-discipline teams to design, develop and maintain native mobile apps for clients.
- Provide technical feedback to other developers through PR reviews and work closely with designers to help inform UX/UI.
- Work in embedded, agile environments with opportunities to contribute to wider product discussions.
- Explore technologies like Jetpack Compose, AR, connected devices, gRPC, GraphQL and all the latest Android frameworks.
- Create and maintain apps, SDK’s, CI/CD pipelines, test frameworks and software architectures.
- Help break down work and contribute to estimates.
- Share your knowledge with the team and wider community through internal forums and our involvement in tech communities.
What we look for
- Strong technical understanding of Swift and the iOS platform.
- Commercial iOS development experience. Junior 1-2 years, Mid 2-5 years, Senior 5+ years, Principal 10+ years.
- Great communication skills.
- The ability to work effectively in groups and help facilitate where necessary.
- The ability to identify and rectify the source of problems.
- A keen eye for detail.
- A focus on quality and doing things right, with a dash of pragmatism.
Candidates with experience in multiple programming languages and other platforms will be highly regarded.
What we offer
- Relaxed work environment.
- Mentorship and support.
- A close-knit team that values passion, diversity, quality and respect.
- Opportunities to level-up your technical and people skills.
- 5 days and $2,000 budget per year for professional development (e.g. training courses, conferences, books, etc)
- Paid volunteer leave.
- All the latest software, tools and equipment.
- Flexible and remote work arrangements.
- Company events and team socials that keep us connected.
With COVID-19 changing our ways of working, we are now open to permanent remote work arrangements across the AU/NZ region.
For people based in and around Melbourne there will be opportunities to work from our office and the offices of our clients when COVID restrictions ease. We have a fun, relaxed office centrally located in the Melbourne CBD stocked with fresh fruit, coffee & drinks and end-of-trip facilities.
At Itty Bitty Apps we’re excited to grow our diverse and welcoming team. If the role sounds appealing but you’re unsure if you meet the requirements, we’d encourage you to apply anyway and start the conversation.
NO RECRUITERS PLEASE